What is this little black bantam? He has me stumped.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mama24, May 13, 2011.

1. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    I've posted before, but no one has been able to ID him. He's about 6 weeks old now. We noticed today that he's starting to get bright blue/turquoise earlobes! wth? Single comb. He's pretty quiet. Spars a lot with the others, even ones that are much much bigger (meat chickens the same age! rofl! Plus the EE's and others the same age.) THe cochin with him in this pic is 2 weeks younger

[​IMG]

Here is another pic of him. Look at those long legs! He usually has his neck stretched out like it is in the above pic, though. He's starting to remind me of a turkey! LOL.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    A single combed bantam that likes to fight...I'd say Old English....

3. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    I don't think thats a bantam....... looks like and Andalusion or Minorca to me

4. mama24

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    He's much smaller than my EE's and Brahma that are the same age. the Minorcas have very white earlobes, his are definitely turquoise. Got him from the bantam bin at TSC. He's the same size as my golden neck d'Uccle cockerel who's the same age. [​IMG] I have a splash pullet I was sure for a long time was the same breed as him, but she isn't nearly as long legged now that they are older. Their bodies are the same size, though. They are still very similar looking. Maybe still the same breed? This is the splash pullet

[​IMG]

5. mama24

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Quote:I've been googling blue andalusian. I think you are right! They look like the pics I found of black and splash bantam Andalusians! So if I breed them when they're grown, I could get some blues. [​IMG]

Btw, the splash pullet I thought for the longest time was a Dutch, but she's too big. She doesn't hold her tail upright like my other bantams either.

Last edited: May 13, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by