1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what is this? my girls look like they ALL don't feel well

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by lancasterflock, Nov 5, 2015.

1. lancasterflock

lancasterflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Recently I noticed little black spots on three of my girls combs and wattles. Ive never dealt with fowl pox before but this may be what it is? They are all huddled on the deck and look like they are'nt feeling well at all. They will take breaks fron this. Getting up to free range the yard. But I cant help but worry. This isnt like them....any response or advice is greatly appreciated!

[​IMG]

2. Sutremaine

Sutremaine Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2014
    UK
    What's the weather been like?

3. lancasterflock

Sep 10, 2015
    Oregon

Its been rainy and cloudy some sun. Not alot by any means...

4. Sutremaine

Aug 19, 2014
    UK
    Hm. How are their appetites and droppings? Also, do you have any closeups of the black spots?

5. lancasterflock

Sep 10, 2015
    Oregon

I posted a few pictures on another post but here they are. The droppings look pretty normal? I know they have cecal poops which sometimes look like diarhea. But they have the other "normal" looking chicken poops too. They eat like crazy! [​IMG]

6. Sutremaine

Aug 19, 2014
    UK
    Could be a bit of dry pox, could be ordinary scabs. Did the black bits start off as white? There are some photos of mild and initial cases here -- don't be alarmed by the first photo...

Has their general mopiness changed any in the last couple of days?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by