What is this? (not a parasite, right?)

aubreynoramarie

designated lawn flamingo
9 Years
May 27, 2010
Reno, Nevada
Petey just turded this onto my floor while I was giving him his protein packed lunch. Should I be worried?

b4965445.jpg

Here it is after I wiped it up with a paper towel.

ef3754c5.jpg

Last edited:
I just read Petey's thread on his continuing recovery. What a trooper he is! Has he put on some weight yet? In his latest pic he looks quite good, way more macho than my Showgirl roo ever looked.

First off I checked the poop chart http://www.chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php?topic=17568.0

I
don't know if this chart is all that comprehensive, but blood in poop can mean cocci or worms. With all his other stress, it might have given the worms a chance to reproduce quickly. I guess I would try to worm him with the product that Chicken zoo suggests.

It wouldn't hurt to give him some yogurt to replace the probiotics that the penicillin killed off, too.

Last edited:
It didn't really look like blood, that's why I thought it was weird. It's more orangey with some clear weirdness, then when I wiped it up it shmooshed and turned all orange. Yep. It was disgusting.

I don't know if Petey is putting on weight yet but I know that he's eating and acting well. I'm going to try and get some ivermectin but I honestly can't web guarantee that I can purchase a 10 dollar bottle of medicine right now. And I'm frustrated because I have over a hundred dollars worth of medication in my fridge right now that I've bought for him

You know, I don't think that's blood Aubrey. I'm no expert by any means, but it doesn't look like blood to me. The antibiotic may be hurting his stomach and it would probably be a good idea to give him yogurt or buttermilk mixed in scrambled egg or something for probiotic purposes. Just my 2 cents. I mean you are already watching him like a hawk so if there is blood you will certainly catch it in a hurry.

Rockin' Reds :

You know, I don't think that's blood Aubrey. I'm no expert by any means, but it doesn't look like blood to me. The antibiotic may be hurting his stomach and it would probably be a good idea to give him yogurt or buttermilk mixed in scrambled egg or something for probiotic purposes. Just my 2 cents. I mean you are already watching him like a hawk so if there is blood you will certainly catch it in a hurry.

Okie dokie​

Back
Top Bottom