What is this on my ducks foot?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by allgoaton, Nov 8, 2014.

1. allgoaton

allgoaton Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2014
    We thought she was struggling with bumblefoot but now it looks like something different. What is this? It's red, looks sore and has grown. [​IMG]

2. allgoaton

allgoaton Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2014
    Please help. I don't know what to do for my poor duck.

3. Rachele anne

Rachele anne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2014
    I don't really know how to help u just felt bad that it's been so long since you posted this... you could also post this on the emergency section too and see what they say

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Looks like it could still be bumble which is staff infection, she may have scraped her foot on something and infection set in, I'd treat it as such, soaks in Epsom salt water 1 cup to 1 gallon of warm water then let it dry and put clear iodine over it making sure to cover the whole area. soak daily and put clear iodine every other day. How is she walking? is there heat coming from the foot is the swelling on the foot around the bump? You want to try and keep her foot as clean as possible while treating.

Over look the not so nice comment and focus on the treatment I have used it and it works. No need to do surgery. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/807777/bumblefoot-new-ideas-on-treatment-with-pictures Keep us updated.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by