What is this Probiotic Wet Mash I keep reading about?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by chickenkarma, Oct 4, 2012.

1. chickenkarma

chickenkarma New Egg

Oct 4, 2012
    San Diego, California
    I would love to get it for my chickens... but I can't find it at my feed store (they haven't heard of it), and when I google it, there are no links to a product that I can order. I live in San Diego, California... so maybe this is something that forum users from other countries have posted about? I don't know, but it seems like I'd be able to get something like that here!

I would like to know, where do I get Probiotic Wet Mash from? What brand name can I look up on the internet? What do people use this for (general feeding, or specific treatment feeding)?

Thanks!

2. carolb5

carolb5 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 23, 2008
    Montana
    I believe you are talking about fermented feeds. These are made not bought. There is a looooooooooooooooooooooong posting in meat birds. Get a cup of coffee.

Carol

3. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    "Probiotic" has become a sales gimmick.

There's probably nothing in it that they don't already get naturally
    If your birds are healthy now, it won't really benefit them

4. Glenda Heywoodo

Glenda Heywoodo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2016
    Cassville Missouri
    WELL FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN MY
    WET MASH PROBIOTIC RECIPE
    HERE IT IS

National Poultry News

wet mash probiotic recipe for chicks and adult chickens.
    Well here is a sure thing to keep the flock healthy

Glenda Heywood
    WET MASH PROBIOTIC RECIPE FOR A SINGLE CHICKEN

IF CHICKEN IS MOULTING AND IS STRESSED DO THIS FOR ITS HEALTH:

ALSO IF TREATING SICK CHICKS OR ADULTS

IE: WORMING, ANY TYPE DISEASE OR COCCIDIOSIS ETC:

.. Glenda Heywood
    Now the naturall probiotic recipe is this:

1 qt of dry crumbles.

1 tsp of dry flax seed meal (the kind for humans).

2 qts of milk, sweet, sour, or buttermilk or a mixture of all or some.

1/4 cup of non flavored yoguart ( no artificial sweetner).

mix good.

do not make sloopy JUST WET AND CHICKENS WILL EAT IT BETTER.

chickens do not like sloppy feed AS IT STICKS ON THEIR BEAKS.

ADULT CHICKENS

NOW THE IMPORTANT INGRIEDIENT FOR EACH CHICKEN FED.

and add 1- 400 mg of Vit E (PER CHICKEN FED WET MASH PROBIOTIC MIXTURE) by cutting the end off the vit E capsule for each chicken fed this wet mash
    1-Vit B Complex tablet crush in tbsp and add srops of water to disolve and add to wet mash.
    1-Selenium tablet, crushed in tbspand add drops of water to disolve it and add to wet mash.

putting the vitamin E, vit B Complex and Selenium in the wet mash and mix wet mash good to get vitamins in every chickens amount.

this for each chicken your treating:

so for each chicken use 4 tsp of mixture and 1-400 mg of Vit E, Vit B complex,and Selenium.

twice a day for them till the birds feathers are grown out then just three times a week feed wet mash and cut back on the vitamin E to 400 mg once a week.

And feed each chicken:

4 tsp full of the wet mash probiotic and what they will clean up in 20-30 minutes.

then clean wet feeders and restock dry crumbles.

IE: or each chicken your making wet mash probiotic for

DO THIS:

4 tsp of feed, I/4 tsp of dry flax seed meal,and 1 tsp of the yoguart and just enough milk to mix it good not sloppy wet. And add the 400 mg Vitamin E once a week if not sick.

IF SICK (for each chicken fed wet mash now)feed 1 vit E 100 mg cut and put in wet Mash twice a day per chicken that is sick.

Also a Vit B complex, crushed in tbsp. and then add drops of water to dissolve it and add to wet mash.

1-selenium tablet crushed in tbsp. and few drops of water to dissolve it and add to wet mash mixture and stir very good.

CHICKS RECIPE:
    DO THIS
    IF CHICKS ARE SICK add a 400 mg vitamin E ONCE A DAY TO THE ABOVE: ie: 1 QT OF CRUMBLES AND 2 QTS OF WATER AND 1/4 CUP PLAIN YOGUART

(this is for any and all kinds of sickness ).

DO NOT USE MILK WHEN FEEDING CHICKS USE WATER.

ALSO IF TREATING CHICKENS WHO ARE SICK:

DO NOT put Apple Cider Vinegar in the water while giving medication.

OTHER WISE use 2 tabelspoons of ACV to the gallon when not feeding medication.

Glenda Heywood Cassville Missouri

5. Glenda Heywoodo

Glenda Heywoodo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2016
    Cassville Missouri
    Fermenting feed recipe is totally different kind of feed.
    It is good for those who want to work with it seriously..
    My WET MASH PROBIOTIC RECIPE
    I made back in 2000 and put on BYC n 2009.
    It has cured and helped thopusands of chicken farmers with a lot of sickness kinds that effect chickens.
    We feed it two times a week to our healthy laying hens.
    I am so pleased that folks see the need to use it contiuosly and have great results.
    Glenda Heywood Cassville Missouri

6. lazy gardener

lazy gardener True BYC Addict

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Here's a very well written article by Tikki Jane. She explains all you need to know about the how and why of fermented feed. I've been using it for years, and the results with my flock are awesome. My egg customers notice the superior flavor of my chicken eggs compared to the eggs from local farm stands.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by