What Is This Really Strange Color? (purebred)

Featherland

Songster
12 Years
Dec 28, 2007
Missouri
I got this chick in a bantam assortment. It is probably an OEGB but not 100% sure.
What is this color? Also pullet or cockerel? It has really long legs like a cockerel
but its comb is not as developed as much as the cockerels I have.
It is almost 6 weeks old.

Comparison

It is the chick on the left.

Based on their variety list I would put my money on a fawn red pullet. Hopefully it's markings will improve with age, have seen quite a few Ideal hatchery OEGB's and while their dispositions seem ok their type and color according the the SOP has never been very good.

Based on their variety list I would put my money on a fawn red pullet. Hopefully it's markings will improve with age, have seen quite a few Ideal hatchery OEGB's and while their dispositions seem ok their type and color according the the SOP has never been very good.

Thanks, I have never seen that color before. So what is your opinion cockerel or pullet?

If I'm right on variety it's certainly a pullet. If it was a cockerel the fawn in its chest would be showing more. Fawn Red is the same color pattern as black Breasted Red or Blue Red but with Fawn replacing the black or blue.

If I'm right on variety it's certainly a pullet. If it was a cockerel the fawn in its chest would be showing more. Fawn Red is the same color pattern as black Breasted Red or Blue Red but with Fawn replacing the black or blue.

That's good to know. The comb says pullet to me, but oh those long legs!

Back
Top Bottom