WHAT Is THIS?! Spider/Bug Thing!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by rodriguezpoultry, May 27, 2010.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    This is crawling on my sofa. What the heck is it?! It moves SLOWLY, but that could be from the Febreze I tried to murder it with. (It did not move like a spider does when sprayed with Febreze.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] Kill it! Smoosh it before it lunges for your throat.... [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Hehe. A reply from redhen in the other pets and livestock section where her first words aren't "I want one!!!!!!" [​IMG]

4. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    I'm not sure about the right name, but we call them harvester spiders. Be glad its not a cave cricket thingy, those are horrendusly ugly!

Did the febreeze kill it? That thing is [​IMG]

5. A1 Steak Sauce

A1 Steak Sauce Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2009
    My House
    They get in hay alot, at least that's where I've noticed them the most... Don't know what they are though.

6. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I tried, but it ran! I couldn't get close to it. I did the "I'm a big girl but can't stand spiders" dance and started hyperventilating. I just can't take spiders. ESPECIALLY when they are in my apartment. That being said, I've kind of grown attached to a big fuzzy black and white spider with green eyes. They "jump" rather than run...He's been killing all the fiddlebacks, so he is allowed to stay.

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Hehe. A reply from redhen in the other pets and livestock section where her first words aren't "I want one!!!!!!" [​IMG]

LOL..i know...
    Now that you mention it.. it IS a teeny bit cute.... [​IMG]

8. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    AH JUST GET OUT OF THERE! Stopping to take pictures! Geez! I would either be taking a shoe to it or running for my life.

9. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Quote:Hmm...no, Harvester Spiders look like our "Daddy Longlegs" This one has a MUCH larger body than legs. The body was about the size of a dime, with the legs not extending further than a quarter in diameter.

10. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    Quote:..............................so................. you don't know what your spider IS, but at least he smells good enough to invite over for DINNER!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by