What is this thing?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ChickenTheKidd, Jun 30, 2016.

1. ChickenTheKidd

ChickenTheKidd New Egg

Jun 30, 2016
    [​IMG]

My chickens have been acting strangely for a while now, not laying eggs, having egg whites in their poop, and passing crushed eggshells and other strange objects. But THIS is completely new. This has not happened before and I really don't know what to do. I only have six chickens as of now, so losing any of them would be a tragedy to me. I've brought them to the vet and all they did was give us some antibiotics and said that they didn't know what was wrong with them. This THING is only an addition to the series of problems I've been having, and I've just kinda been learning about this as I go, looking up stuff when necessary. So any tips would be helpful.

2. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

did you find that in a nest box? or where they lay their eggs?

3. ChickenTheKidd

ChickenTheKidd New Egg

Jun 30, 2016
    No, she came out of the coop and I saw something hanging out of her cloaca. So, I picked her up and took it out. It came out very easily. She seems fine, running around like she usually does. Not sounding distressed in the slightest.

4. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

it looks like a small lash egg

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by