What is this thing?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kaddidle, May 16, 2010.

1. kaddidle

kaddidle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Alabama
    I've posted pictures of this bird a few times because I can't figure out what it is. I got it from a friend who'd purchased a dozen chicks at a farm supply store to use in an Easter photo shoot and then gave them away after the shoot was done.

Any guesses as to what it is? I've been thinking it's a rooster but its comb and wattles have stopped developing, its neck feathers are round, and it doesn't have any saddle feathers.

As you can see from the pic, this chicken and I aren't sure what to think of one another.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  2. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    a beautiful EE rooster!

3. TurkeyMountainChickens

TurkeyMountainChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    Central Virginia
    It looks like an EE, probably roo. Because of the beard and muffs, you never will see much development in the wattle area. But my pullets didn't have combs that red until they were 6-8 months old.

4. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:x2 [​IMG]

5. kaddidle

kaddidle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Alabama
    If that is what he turns out to be, he's a very lucky roo as I've found him a home in the country at a church camp.

6. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Yep, he's an ee! He is so cute.. I love chickens that have beards and muffs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by