What is this thing?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by DMSrabbit, Dec 9, 2010.

1. DMSrabbit

DMSrabbit Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I just rescued this little bantam and have no idea what kind it is.. I don't know anything about bantam breeds and tried to research on the breeds index, but don't have anything conclusive. Im sure she is easily identifiable to those of you who are well versed in the subject,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also have this pullet and i dunno what she is. I was thinking sex-link? but am unsure. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Nate

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG]

Your first little girl looks like a Bantam EE (Easter Egger). [​IMG]

Your second I am not sure of.

3. Doormantnt

Doormantnt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Glen Burnie, MD
    I'm not sure of breeds, but a word of caution. Watch the extension cord. Maybe I just have birds with questionable intellegence, but mine HAVE pecked trough an extension cord. Luckly I saw it before any damage (to birds). I run all my cords in or around the coops thru PVC, and tape ends together.

Good luck
    TNT

4. Doormantnt

Doormantnt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Sorry, and WELCOME TO BYC.....but it is addictive.

LOL

TNT

5. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    The first is a very cute little EE hen.

The second I am unsure of. Possibly a Brown-red OEGB - but I can't see her tail. Is it full?

6. DMSrabbit

DMSrabbit Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Heres some pics of her tail. Also @ OutoftheBrooder: The extension cord is well outside the cage, and there is NO possibility the pullets can get at it (unless i let them out to snap a pic or two). Thanks for the advice and welcomes, this is something that started out as a hobby with quail, and now i just have chickens. ALmost 40 of them (various sizes), and i live in a nice city neighborhood. I dunno what my neighbors are going to think this spring when i have about 30-40 full sized hens running around my yard.. Thanks for everything thus far,

Nate

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Could it be a black copper Marans?

8. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:She sure is and really cute!!

If the 2nd is a standard sized pullet and not a bantam, it sure looks like a young Black sexlink.

9. chickiedoo

chickiedoo Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2010
    I have one that looks just like the bottom one and it was sold as a black sexlink.

10. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    Quote:She sure is and really cute!!

If the 2nd is a standard sized pullet and not a bantam, it sure looks like a young Black sexlink.

ditto

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by