What is THIS????!!!

CrzyChknLady81

Songster
Mar 29, 2015
OK, so all of my girls are right around a year old(some a little less, none more than 14 months)..They have been laying great the past couple of weeks since our weather has made a turn for the better...I went out and collected this morning and the one box that everyone wants to use is kinda dark, and had about 9 eggs in it.. I reach in grabbed a few off the top and went for a second handful..that is when I thought I stuck my hand in poo..only when I pulled everything out, this was what I touched. It is not a part of the egg in the pic, it was stuck to that egg..Is it an egg with no shell? There was a small amount of yolk on the other eggs closest to this thing... If so, is there anything I should be doing differently? They get access to oyster shells, layer feed all day (none over night), ACV in water and they free range about 10 acres during the day.

Thank you! I was hoping it was due to them being fairly new layers.. I don't think anyone in this group laid last year except for a couple of my RIR and they all had an egg accounted for today, so it had to be one of the new layers..No one laid from late December until about 3 weeks ago other than one guinea and 2 of my RIRs---I'm going to give everyone some extra scrambled eggs with crushed shell over the next week and just hope it was a one time thing.. Because honestly, I don't know if I can survive sticking my hand in that again..lol..that was traumatic and I'm a farm girl and had my hands in some places that I'm sure the horses and cows thought were traumatic themselves...

Lol.. Well it's been a few days and I did get one funky shaped egg(looked odd on the ends), but everything else has been good and no more slimy nest box surprises so I hope that was it--knock on wood---

And thanks again for the help(and giggle snorts..)

1f497.png
1f423.png
1f413.png

Back
Top Bottom