what is ur favorite type of silkie?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by moomoodiddy, Oct 2, 2012.

1. moomoodiddy

moomoodiddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2012
    Union County, NC
    hey yall i need help on deciding on what colors of silkie to breed and sell so whats yalls favorite color that is not very comonly sold and that u would by thanxxx!!!

2. omaeve

omaeve Chillin' With My Peeps

lavender not splits. But I love all the pastels.

3. moomoodiddy

Jun 7, 2012
    Union County, NC
    never heard of splits or pastels but i am definatly getting grey cuckoo and lav looked on the wanted ads and them were the most wanted with the least replies

4. omaeve

most are projects birds, and rare of course. none are accepted by the apa yet.

5. moomoodiddy

Jun 7, 2012
    Union County, NC
    any other opinions?

6. omaeve

my pair right now are dark blue frizze hen and dark blue silkie roo. you can keep the blue,splash and black in same pen. the other colors have to each be kept in a one color only pen. most folk will not buy if you mix breed colors.

7. omaeve

http://www.sumner-byrdfarm.com/ my cousin david byrd sells silkies in nc.
    [FONT='Arial Black', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SUMNER-BYRD FARM, INC.[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4241 Moonrise Drive
    Holly Springs, NC
    [/FONT]​

8. moomoodiddy

Jun 7, 2012
    Union County, NC
    Oh my lord the last six months has changed me ahhh!! I have changes the type of silkie I want so many times lol but I am glad to say I am sticking with a bbs pen and paint pens I was going to get some frizzles but don't want to pay for shipping so I have someone close to me hatching some bbs ones out now and I might be breeding some small bantams with them I an so excited for this yr and thanx for all the help u guys !!! And ur cousin is really close to where my gramps lives so next time I visit them I may have to swing by thanx again yall

9. elsfieldchickens

elsfieldchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

partrige and cuckoo and blue

10. moomoodiddy

Jun 7, 2012
    Union County, NC
    I luv cuckoos!!!! but sadly anything i get will have to be local though

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by