What is with this poop? (Gross Pictures)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 3littlechickies, Jul 28, 2013.

1. 3littlechickies

3littlechickies Chirping

Jun 29, 2013
    Castro Valley, CA
    HI! [​IMG]

I let my three girls who are five weeks old out to run around the kitchen. My Ameracauna pooped very liquid poop. So did my Buff Orpington. I know that chickens don't pee but it was like they did. I was wondering if this was normal sometimes.
    Thanks! [​IMG]

These are from my Ameracauna.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the one from my Buff Orpington.

[​IMG]

Thanks [​IMG] and sorry for the grossness [​IMG] of the pictures!

2. 3littlechickies

3littlechickies Chirping

Jun 29, 2013
    Castro Valley, CA
    Thanks Delight30 ! I'm think it was that she was drinking a lot of water like it said in the last link. Thanks again! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  3. [​IMG] glad it helped.

4. azygous

azygous Free Ranging

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    Sure is a variety you have there! Yup! Chickens do have a large variety of poops. All normal. I've seen every one of your poop photos from my chickens. All normal.

You're right in associating some of the runnier fare with drinking a lot of water. You can also expect something similar when feeding them foods high in water content, such as squash, melon, and lettuce, etc.

Tip: if you're as fastidious as I am about keeping their living quarters clean, don't feed them the above foods late in the day or by morning, the results can necessitate a truly dreadful cleanup.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: