What Is Wrong With Her Eyes ... pic link included

josh3462

Hatching
8 Years
Jul 26, 2011
Hello,

I just introduced 6 hens to the 3 i currently have. They are about 14 month old golden comets. The 3 have been very abusive to one new hen in particular. I didn't know if they were just sorting out their pecking order or what, so I left them for about a day together before separating them. When I did, I noticed that her pupils are much smaller than the others. I don't know if she has a disease, or if this is normal. I am new to this, I have only had my 3 hens for about a year so any help would be appreciated.

Here is a link to a picture of her eye ... you will notice some scabs on her head from the attacks she endured from the 3 original hens:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a...DZu3cMmgPbz4e/cC/f=0/ps=50/r=0/rx=720/ry=480/

thanks,
Josh

She may have just been born that way. I have a Wyandotte that has one regular eye, and one that looks similar to yours, except mine has more of a jagged shaped pupil, but nonetheless, it is a very small pupil compared to the other 8 hens we have.

I would seperate her, not sure what's going on with her beak though
How long did you have them before you put them all together ? Truthfully, I usually keep them seperate for 30 days before I put them tpgether, then I put them together outside only free-raning

oh, after i took the picture, i noticed she had spilled her water in her food ... she has some of the mush on her beak. Thanks for the comments

Back
Top Bottom