What is wrong with her?????????????????????

WVchick71

Songster
9 Years
Jul 24, 2010
Small Town
I went up to the coop to night to check and see if everyone was going inside and one of my black sexlinked hens ( not yet 6 months old) was lying under the coop and didnt move. DH got her out and her legs seemed stiff. He tried to stand her up and she just fell over and off to her right side with her legs out behind her. DH thinks we should just take care of it...that she will get no better and just suffer. But I dont even know what could be wrong? Anyone know...any ideas?

Last edited:
there seems to be alot of this going around. Google chicken diseases on this page maybe you can match symptoms. Hoping you can find out.

Last edited:
aww poor baby..seems like somebody the other day had this issue and they gave vitamen B 12 I think...umm it was just few days ago so look under emergencies and I am sure you will find it, their hen got much better after they treated her so I would say try ;o)

She may have gotten injured somehow. One of my hens was on the ground, while another hen jumped off the roost, the hen jumped right on top of her. She just layed there on her side. By the next day she was better, but it took a couple of days for her to be herself again. It was like she was dazed. If she has no other symptoms, you may want to separate her for awhile, and see what happens. I wouldn't be in a big hurry to cull her yet.

Back
Top Bottom