what is wrong with my duck???????

duck boy

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 8, 2009
i went out back today to notice that only three of my ducks were about and about so i looked and found my other one and didnt think anything of it cause he was alive but just layin so finnially i checked him and he cant walk anymore he just uses his wings to scoot himself across the yard. I checked his legs and from what i know there is nothing wrong with him. He also looks healthy and he was just running around the yard yesterday. i really need to know what i can do to help him i can not lose anymore of my ducks. Thank you

Is he still fat in the breast or is he getting light? Pop on the rear feathers?
Could be any thing...poisoned from eating something bad, sickly, unseen injury.... Give him some vitamin supplements in his water, and see if he improves.
Hope it gets better, let me know if there's any change or specific details

You need to give more information. Pick him up and check his joints (do they move, are they swolen) is he wounded, how about the bottom of his feet, how does his breathing sound, is he eating, is he drinking, what does his poop look like, is he pooping, have you isolated him, have you brought him inside...

i have it in isolation now and yes he still is fat in the breast and there is no poop on his tail feathers. i also checked he feet one of his feet is fine and looks normal, the other foot also looks normal except one of the web parts is is pushed up against the other part of his foot. i did check his joints they are not swollen and they do move so as far as i know i believe his joints are fine. He was eating and drinking yesterday but today i have not seen him do any of those because he has been laying down since ive been home. His breathing seems the same as usual. if he was poisoned wouldnt the other ducks have the same thing sense there eating the same as it. Is there anything that i need to look for in his poop. i need ancers as soon as posible so i can do what i have to to treat him. Thank you. if there is anymore info you need please let me know.

Corn is not nutritionally complete. Do you feed him anything else in addition? If not, he is likely suffering a vitamen B deficiency.

Just continuing to think, but he's also probably protein starved. If he isn't on really good forage in addition to the corn, he needs poultry feed and vitamins ASAP. Do you have Poly Visol? It's a baby vitamin. Get the kind WITHOUT IRON.

Last edited:
my question is why hasent this happened before and what should i do to fix this and why has this not effected my other ducks. His poop is runny and dark , does that help at all. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom