What is wrong with my dwarf chicken?

JellyKid

In the Brooder
Nov 10, 2021
So my chicken seems to have pretty standard thyrogenous dwarfism. She's got the short legs, apple head, hook beak, hook toes, weird feathers (she never grew down), on top of only being 1lb compared to her brother who is 5lbs. The thing is she is 22 weeks old. Everything I have read has said she should be dead by now. What is wrong with her?
20211102_180510.jpg

What do you think is wrong with her?
Well she weighs 1lb, she never grew any down feathers, her legs are undersized, and she walks with a slope.
Her brother looks normal and weighs 5lbs.

Attachments

• image000003(2).jpg
    image000003(2).jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 1
Looks like a frizzle bantam. Do you have any bantams in your flock, where did you get her and her brother from if not breed at you home?

mabey the the chicken is one of the rare one that wont die ,you are yee of little faith

nothing is wrong i dont see whats so bad about that🙄

Looks like a frizzle bantam. Do you have any bantams in your flock, where did you get her and her brother from if not breed at you home?
They were from a local feed store and 4 days old when I got them. If no one else is concerned then okay. I'll just close the thread. Didn't know it was normal.

They were from a local feed store and 4 days old when I got them. If no one else is concerned then okay. I'll just close the thread. Didn't know it was normal.
Sometimes the bins of chicks get mixed up at the hatchery or the feed store, so it's possible that she is a normal bantam if she seems okay otherwise. If you are worried about the way she walks you could try uploading a video. I don't have any experience with bantams personally, but there are lots of folks on BYC would keep bantams and might have helpful feedback.

Back
Top Bottom