What is wrong with this chick?

TheBantyShanty

Songster
Jan 17, 2019
Hi, I have an about 2 1/2 week old chick that has started to look unwell today. All of my chicks including this one were fine until today, when I found him lying down on his legs, unable to stand or walk. I have him in a set up, in case it is splay leg and so he is sitting up. Does this be Merek's? All of my other chicks are healthy, and this one was too, until today. He does not have much of an appetite, but I have been trying to get him to eat and I have been giving him some Nutri- Drench. These chicks are all from Meyers, and arrived on the 11th. They have all been healthy and active since then.

Thanks for any advice! :)

Attachments

• IMAG2613.jpg
    IMAG2613.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG2615.jpg
    IMAG2615.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG2614.jpg
    IMAG2614.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 12
What does his poop look like?
What are you feeding?

I would treat for Coccidiosis. Do you have any Corid?
Dosage is 1 1/2 teaspoons Corid powder or 2 teaspoons of 9.6% Corid liquid per gallon of water. Give for 5-7 days - make sure this is the ONLY water available during that time period. Mix a fresh batch at least once a day.
I would give it to all the chicks.

Highly unlikely it's Marek's, he's too young.

His poop looked normal when I saw it.
I am feeding Purina Medicated chick starter feed.

I do have Corid. Is it ok to give Corid in water when you are already feeding medicated? I heard that the feed does not have enough to overdose, but I just want to make sure.

Last edited:
His poop looked normal when I saw it.
I am feeding Purina Medicated chick starter feed.

I do have Corid. Is it ok to give Corid in water when you are already feeding medicated? I heard that the feed does not have enough to overdose, but I just want to make sure.
Yes, you can go ahead and give the Corid.

Back
Top Bottom