What is wrong with this egg? Is my chicken sick?

MyISAbrownhens

Songster
6 Years
May 23, 2017
Virginia
While a usually get one egg a day from each of my 5 hens, I’ve been only getting 3 recently. I thought it was just because it was getting colder, even though their egg Laying wasn’t affected last winter but I’m worried something may be wrong. I found this is their nesting boxes today (see picture) and I don’t know what to do, is it that she’s not getting enough calcium? I always make sure they have some in their feed. Any help would be awesome to get my girls laying again and make sure their all healthy

Attachments

• 38D5F947-914B-4E9E-839A-0F9E97FF2CF4.jpeg
    38D5F947-914B-4E9E-839A-0F9E97FF2CF4.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 75
What are you feeding? Oyster shell should be in a separate feeder, not added to a balanced diet.
Maybe it's a 'whoops' egg, not to be repeated.
Also, how old are your hens, and stress lately, and do you have a light out there.
New birds added?
Mary

While a usually get one egg a day from each of my 5 hens, I’ve been only getting 3 recently. I thought it was just because it was getting colder, even though their egg Laying wasn’t affected last winter but I’m worried something may be wrong. I found this is their nesting boxes today (see picture) and I don’t know what to do, is it that she’s not getting enough calcium? I always make sure they have some in their feed. Any help would be awesome to get my girls laying again and make sure their all healthy
Going to guess that this means your birds are about 18 months old?....
...and with the shortening days they are ramping down production to molt.
You can get some funky eggs around molting time.

Back
Top Bottom