What is your craziest chicken encounter?

Birdie mom

Songster
Mar 27, 2020
Carlisle PA (But my chicks are in NC)
I have has chicken for quite a while ( 9 years to be precise) and I have had some crazy experiences in chicken keeping! What are your weirdest/ coolest/funniest story's as a chicken keeper? I have been attacked by multiple roosters (and 1 duck), have had one particular hen like to jump on me while I collect the eggs, have a chicken throw up all over the kitchen, etc... What are your stories?

I had a hen who ran through an agility course (of which included a 18-foot agility tunnel). She was more of a dog then a chicken! She would even wait for me to come home from school every day. I also have a hen who jumps onto my back every time I enter the coop! She has trouble seeing and tends to run into things, so I named her Hei Hei.😂

one of our friends had too many Roos so the gave us 2 of them. One of them is the sweetest roo I have ever had and the other is a terrorist chicken. I was collecting the eggs one day and Marion, the mean rooster who's full name is Marion Butts, attacked me from behind. Luckily I had on heigh boots on so hem attacking me didn't hurt. I was very surprised by his attack and was even more so when i saw Runner's, the nice chicken, response. Runner ran up to Marion and spured him away! Now I have a guardian rooster to protect me from mean Roos!:celebrate

one of our friends had too many Roos so the gave us 2 of them. One of them is the sweetest roo I have ever had and the other is a terrorist chicken. I was collecting the eggs one day and Marion, the mean rooster who's full name is Marion Butts, attacked me from behind. Luckily I had on heigh boots on so hem attacking me didn't hurt. I was very surprised by his attack and was even more so when i saw Runner's, the nice chicken, response. Runner ran up to Marion and spured him away! Now I have a guardian rooster to protect me from mean Roos!:celebrate
Go Runner!
smiley_emoticons_bananadancer2.gif

Back
Top Bottom