What is your experience with Mille fleur d uccles?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by barred-rocks-rock, Jan 24, 2010.

1. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    1. Can They fly?

2. How long does it take for their "spots" to come in?

3. Temperment?

4. Advice ?

5. Pictures (Adult or Adolescent .Please tell age and gender)?

Thank You for any Reply

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  2. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    1- Mine can fly very well. Not like a songbird or anything, but they can get some height and cover a pretty good distance.

2- Mine got progressively more spots with each molt.

3- Mine are hatchery birds and I have to say they are NOT friendly. The rooster is a pain in the tookus and the hens are either uber-shy or are hateful. Most people's are really docile and sweet though, especially if you get them through a breeder.

4- They are really pretty and fun little birds (despite mine being snots). At some point in the future I would like to try it again with high quality birds. They are certainly distinctive.

5- I don't have pictures handy, but there on tons on my blog if you scroll back towards the begining. You can actually watch their spot development if you go all the way to the start and work back.

3. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    Thank You

4. 1shelby1

1shelby1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    whine cntry,ca.
    My Millie is the sweetest ! She always returns my calls for her,she is picked on somewhat-but a wonderful mother hen(when called into service)She 'hatched' standard chickens last year-I think they still see her as 'Mom"-even though she fits under them.I'm watching for a BYC'R that has hatching eggs...[​IMG]

5. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Most of them are really sweet and friendly. I just got hateful, shy birds. [​IMG]

6. LovinMyPeeps

LovinMyPeeps Sees Wine Dots

Mar 22, 2009
    Heuvelton, NY
    Quote:Well mine are booted bantams (sabelpoots) the kissing cousin of the d'uccle difference is mine have wattles and not so much on the muffs.
    1. Oh yes up and over the run so my run is a covered run now.
    2. By the second molt they were living up to their names. They have more white on their heads now.
    3. Mine are all friendly, but have been raised by hand since they were a day old.
    4. They are FAST make sure if they are somewhere open you have some way to corral them...
    5. 4or 5 months old pullet after first molt
    [​IMG]
    5 month old roo after first molt
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by