What is your favorite breed of chicken?!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by GingerJane, Jan 7, 2014.

1. GingerJane

GingerJane Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2013
    I think mine would be California white, RIR, and Silkie.! How about you!!!!

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    I love those Black Australorps! They are so affectionate and real lap babies. :)

3. RMo2

RMo2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Ohio
    Easter Eggers

And I hope to get my first Silkies this spring-- I love them even though I've never had them!

4. GingerJane

GingerJane Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2013
    Oh I love Silkies! Mine are adorable :) Their names are Snooki and Sunflower :)

1 person likes this.
  5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I think I'd have to say the Barred Rocks. They are so calm and sweet. Actually, I love all chickens! [​IMG]

6. Silkiesrule

Silkiesrule New Egg

Oct 12, 2013
    Pekins and silkies all the way!!!:D

7. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Silkies and Old English Game Bantams are thebest! By far the most friendly breeds I've ever owned. They make the best pets! In terms of laying, I would have to say that red and black sex links are the best breeds. my girls are almost 4 years old and still lay an egg almost everyday!

8. circesfire

circesfire Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2013
    Surprise, Arizona
    Well I only have two chickens so I may be a bit skewed lol. But I did spend a lot (ok, a ridiculously lot) of time researching chickens before deciding on which breed to get and I am so happy with my Wyandottes. They are absolutely beautiful, even if they are only 3 months old and are very friendly. My gold laced wyandotte even jumps on the body part you point to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by