1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What is your favorite comfort food and why?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Apr 18, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'm sitting here drinking one of my favorite comfort "foods", white grape juice.
    I had a whacked childhood and was pretty much on my own from the age of 10 on. I used to hang out at the park alot, because there really wasn't any place else to go.
    A "hippie" lady used to bring her toddler son to the park to swing. One day she invited me back to her apartment and gave me white grape juice and homemade molasses cookies. It became a routine for as long as I lived in that area.
    To this day I love the juice and the cookies and always think of that lady.
    What's your comfort food/drink?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  2. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    sharp cheese, the sharper the better. It was one of my grandfathers favorites, with sardines in mustard sauce. I have given up the sardines in my adulthood. [​IMG]

There is a brand of potato chip around here, Middlesworth, they are like no other. I know of lots of people who have left the area and have family members send boxes of them, they do it for military too if you ask.

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Chili or anything cooked with it.

4. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I had only 1 sardine and it will be my last even if it's the last food on earth even if I could get 100 of every chicken breed in the world...well maby it would be very tempting lol but ick [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. jeffro29

jeffro29 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    southeast nc
    Fried chicken lol. We always had it on sunday when the family got together. I always think of that when we have it now. Only when it is made at the house not kfc or any of that. [​IMG]

6. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Chocolate. It's so smooth and just tastes fantastic. Makes me feel good.[​IMG]

Kinda along the comfort lines... whenever we have a storm (snow or big rain) - I HAVE to bake... usually something chocolate.

7. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Quote:Can my sis come live with you she ADORS CHOCOLATE!!!!

8. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    Mac and cheese- the good homemade kind baked in the oven with breadcrumbs on top.

eta: also homemade chicken dumpling soup

9. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    My grandmother's bread pudding (submitted the recipe for the BYC cookbook in fact) which is, of course, my bread pudding now. Or, and this is a strange one, crackers and milk. Yeah, just regular saltine crackers and plane old milk (and I HATE milk...only drink it with the occasional cracker). I had a sorta rocky childhood, too, and one of my fondest memories (one of the happy times) was when I was really little and my mother would give my brother and I crackers and milk as a bedtime snack.

Oh, how could I forget, another of my grandmother's......bread and butter pickles. [​IMG]

10. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    my ultimate love is cherry dr.pepper or cherry coke drank thru a twizzler. it makes me happy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by