what is your favorite restaurant and why?

boykin2010

Crowing
12 Years
Sep 26, 2010
South Georgia
what is your favorite restaurant and why? what do you usually get there that you like? i am just curious what other restaurants other people like?

i really like chinese and japanese. my favorite fast food place is chick fil a. the food is delicious the service is fast and friendly....

My kitchen.

hide.gif

I'd rather have my wife's home cooking anytime than eat out anywhere.

But every now and then I like Chinese or Mexican food which my wife doesn't cook. No special place though.

i agree with that too. i love my moms cooking. so does everyone else we know.... lol tonight we had coconut shrimp with pineapple sauce and cheddar biscuits.

Texas Roadhouse... for their awesome, juicy, rare steak..
droolin.gif

And sometimes we'll travel about 2 hrs away and go to Rhode Island to the Nordic Lodge..Its an all you can eat maine lobster and prime rib buffet... plus they have tons of other good things on the buffet too.. Usually have to roll me out of the door..

http://nordiclodge.com/

Last edited:
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Minneapolis MN. Best bone in Ribeye bar none. The only problem is I had never had a better steak than I could make at home until I ate there. Prided myself on my Ribeyes. Mine are really good, Ruth's Chris is unbeatable.

I can't pick just one, and while I love the things we cook at home, I do sometimes get weary of being the cook. SOoooooooooo,
that being said here's my short list:

Johnny Carino's ~Alexandria, LA. because they make everything right there in front of you with great fresh ingredients and it smells SO GOOD when you walk in the door!! The food is delicious IF the right chef is in. We ate there twice during our stay, and got the best chef first, so ruined the second meal
lol.png
It was still great, but that first night....MMMMmmmmmmmmmmm I can still taste that melt in your mouth food!

Ole Meditteranean Restaurant ~Columbia S.C. THE BEST ever Calzone and Greek Salad with FRESH real unpitted yummy olives, homemade bread with dipping sauce they have belly dancers
lol.png
it's cute, very fun atmosphere, the owner has a thick accent and will come sit at your table and chat with you to get feedback and make small talk until you get your meal. Very quaint, like stepping into a little bistro in Rome as I would imagine it to be.

Atzimba Mexican Restaurant ~Selmer, TN The ONLY place on the face of the earth with the perfect salsa IMO. I have dined at mexican places all over the US and NONE can touch my own little slice of Mexico right here in my hometown. I also highly recommend the Chicken Quesadilla they are absolutely to die for delicious!

Other than those 3 very memorable meals....if it's not in my kitchen...meh, it's just fuel for the tank
wink.png

For quick, cheap delicious lunches I like our local Vietnamese Baguette place. They are delicious and have some great vegetarian options. The runner up place is Cafe Yumm, which serves yummy rice and bean based dishes. For dinners I like Thai food, or one of our local breweries that serves a divine fish and chips (I always get sweet potato fries instead). I don't get to eat out often, but I do love to occasionally be served food that I didn't have to prepare.

LOL, my own kitchen, now. I worked in restaurants for too many years. But my favorite food, anywhere, anytime? Lobster!

Back
Top Bottom