What is your favourite bird?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Northwind, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Chicken

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Duck

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Pigeon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Goose, Swan

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Budgie, Parrot, Cockatiel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Turkey, Other poultry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Canary, other house birds

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. Emu, Ostrich

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Northwind

Northwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2012
    Yorkshire
    I've seen quite a lot of users on BYC who seem to prefer other birds over chickens - I'm curious to see just how many there are!
    I myself have a soft spot for canaries. I think I might be the only one, to vote for this. :lol:

ETA: Birds kept on the farm, or in the house. I couldn't think of a word to group it all together. :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  2. AquaEyes

AquaEyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Swans, parrots (except perhaps budgies, cockatiels and one or two other species), emus and ostriches are not domesticated. They may be bred in captivity, but they're still wild species.

:)

3. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Oooh, gosh, I like them all and can't choose one over the rest, so I voted other. [​IMG] I like parrots and canaries. Like you, my BIL loved canaries but also birds in general. There's wild naturalized flocks of lovebirds here in AZ. I wish some of them would come over to my place. [​IMG]

4. Northwind

Northwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2012
    Yorkshire
    AquaEyes: Yes, I see what you're saying. I could not for the life of me think of a word to group all of it together, though what I mean is birds that one keeps on their farm, or in the house. :lol: Otherwise everyone would vote other, as there are so many species of bird it's mind-boggling.

dewey: Wow, that's so sweet! The only wild birds we have round here are pigeons and the odd parrot sometimes, if we're lucky. Crows, magpies... yeah, pretty standard. :lau

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by