1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What is your flock's favorite food?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by fluffychickens, Dec 5, 2010.

1. fluffychickens

fluffychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Missouri
    My flock's is cornbread and whip cream. [​IMG]

2. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    fresh corn cobs with lettuce, tomatos and tuna, i dont feed it to them everyday, but i know they love that combo

3. feather leg farms

feather leg farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    It runs between Purina Flock Raiser and a local farmers feed.

4. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    If you mean regular feed- I have noticed my flock cleans out the flock raiser faster then the lay crumble. They DONT care for the farmers best brand as much as the purina when it comes to the lay crumble.

Corn with BOSS is a favorite treat, but by far the favorite treat is meal worms. There arent enough of those on the whole planet to satisfy their lust for those wiggly treats!

5. andythescot

andythescot Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2009
    Central Mass
    Corn on the cob.

And meat scraps.. ^ ^

6. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Fresh corn on the cob for mine too. As they get older they are now liking BOSS and scratch, but it's taken awhile. I've been thinking for the longest time that I've got "backwards" chickens, they don't seem to like anything that everyone else posts that their chickens just love. Watermelon-nope. Pumpkin raw or cooked-nope. Grapes-I ended up eating the whole bag myself. Scratch or BOSS-take it or leave it, but they are eating it more now that it's cold.

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Mine love anything that is not intended for them. This includes busting in to the duckling pen and eating all their food...following me around begging for dog food when I'm feeding dogs...and eating all the pigeons' food [​IMG]

8. Critter Crazed

Critter Crazed Chicken Cuddlin' Cheesehead

Jun 22, 2009
    scrambled eggs [​IMG]
    oh and corn on the cob [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  9. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] Mine love scrambled eggs and tuna

10. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    I thought you were asking about feed --not treats! LOL

Each day, I pull up huge bunches of greens and throw them into the run... Before night there are just stalks left.... BUT I think they would learn to speak for the freeze dried mealworns and crickets they get every week!! Two weeks ago, I cut the top off a pumkin and cut smaller holes on the sides and pour the crickets and mealworms.. IT was the funniest thing you have ever seen! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by