What is your girls' favorite treats?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by epeloquin, Sep 17, 2011.

1. epeloquin

epeloquin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    My girls LOVE prunes! [​IMG]

I really like those Sunsweet individually wrapped prunes. I offered them to my girls once and they went crazy for them! Now, when I unwrap them, they jump up trying to get them. I hold the prune and they tear it apart. They like fruit yogurt, corn on the cob etc. but nothing like prunes!!

2. ceeceeholt

ceeceeholt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    Cabbage and oatmeal they love, but go crazy for pasta [​IMG] which they don't get often, but they love it!!

3. ginger c.

ginger c. Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Alabama
    ours are big fans of green grapes,cherries (with the pit taken out!), tomatoes, cucumbers, and corn on the cob. bannanas were a total bust, they couldn't wipe their beaks off fast enough!

4. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    rice mixed with yogurt, you would think they have lost their minds when I make it for them....

5. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    Mine LOVE dandelion greens. As I walk through the yard pulling weeds, I save all the dandelion greens to throw in the chicken run. Today they were a little confused when I gave them a few of the opened flower heads.

Deb

6. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Mealworms, fresh corn on the cob, Spaghetti. Boil up a box,cool it off, throw it outside. They run around like crazy, doing the "spaghetti dance"!!!

7. FarmerGrant011

FarmerGrant011 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    WATERMELON!!!!!!! x5 and they like cornbread. I bake cornbread at the beginning of the week and break off pieces everytime I go outside to give them some :p

8. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. joskt0204

joskt0204 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2011
    east TN
    Grapes and yogurt are the favorites. They also like watermelon, apples, cantaloupe but they don't like bananas or anything that resembles bread.

10. Mommy 2 Wee Ones

Mommy 2 Wee Ones Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    North Texas
    Wheat grass seed, lettuce, corn on the cob and the all time fav. Mac & Cheese. I have pie tins in the run, that I dole out evenly to everyone. By the time I was done filling pie tin #3, pie tin # 1 was done. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by