What Is Your Most Common Predator?

What Is Your Most Common Predator?

• Total voters
:welcome :frow I have had a multitude of predators over the years. Bobcat, fox, coyotes, possum, hawks, owls that have killed some birds. I have seen other predators such as coons, skunks, eagles, cats and dogs. My birds are well protected. Lessons learned the hard way. Good luck...

:welcome :frow I have had a multitude of predators over the years. Bobcat, fox, coyotes, possum, hawks, owls that have killed some birds. I have seen other predators such as coons, skunks, eagles, cats and dogs. My birds are well protected. Lessons learned the hard way. Good luck...
Oh, no.
I'm not doing this poll because I don't know what predators I'll have trouble with. I've had chickens for 13 yrs/my whole life. I'm doing it because I want to know what predators other people deal with. Example; I didn't know that possums would attack/kill/eat chickens.

Last edited:
I’ve lost 4/7 of my chickens to a fox. I’m absolutely heartbroken but I gotta give Mr Fox some credit; the 2 most recent days my dog has been at the kennel it’s struck. It must’ve been watching us for a while and decided then was the perfect time to strike, especially since the incidents were 3 weeks apart. Needless to say my 2 pullets left are kept locked in the run and coop and let out to free range when we’re home.

Back
Top Bottom