What killed my ducks?

St3v3n31922

Chirping
Jul 27, 2017
Im posting a lot today because i just want to get answers, we had two ducks a girl charlie and a boy dino, due to his massive size one day we caught a raccoon trying to get into the coop, luckily i scared it off until it could harm my ducks, a week or so i don’t know i went to check on them when i couldn’t find them, until.... i saw the head of charlie, charlie was eaten the whole body there was just a head and a spine however dino was killed without getting eaten. There was only a dot near Dino’s wing not under but get next to his wing so he was killed and bitten around the frontish area, what animal has the behavior to kill like that?

Possibly a mink. They will sometimes just leave a couple of little bite marks. In my experience, it's been under the wing or on the neck. I've also had them eat the back of the head of my chickens.

I don't know a ton about predators, so I'll refrain from suggesting an alternative, but I doubt a 1-2 pound animal's going to consume an entire "massive" duck.
Sorry - I wasn't clear. I was referring to the one that was "killed without getting eaten".
From what I understand from the first post, however, the OP hadn't seen their ducks in about a week. A 1-2 pound animal could polish off a duck in that amount of time.

Possibly a mink. They will sometimes just leave a couple of little bite marks. In my experience, it's been under the wing or on the neck. I've also had them eat the back of the head of my chickens.
Could be possible! the most common i see in my woods is skunks raccoons and foxes but ever a mink!

Back
Top Bottom