What kills brown recluse spiders?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by The Chicken People, Jul 15, 2009.

1. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    My house is infested and they are nasty...What kills them?

2. mdbokc

mdbokc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2009
    Oklahoma County, OK
    Get the sticky spider traps. You will catch dozens.

3. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

A steel toe boot.

A can of aerosol hairspray and a lighter... picture two VERY pregnant girls torching black widows below knee level this way... we got a lot of odd looks.

A Bug Bomb?

4. sparkles2307

I never heard of a sticky spider trap...I must look into this! Would such a device work for all the dang elm beetles that swarm my house each summer?

5. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Well, a shoe works well, but if you have a bigger problem than that, you could consult a pest control business, or go to the hardware store and find a pesticide that takes care of spiders... I'm sure they aren't any different in that way. I know you can also get child and pet safe pesticides if preferred.

I get them in our basement - usually find them in a laundry pile if it sits for any period of time - found 2 in a row once - that was the end of that laundry day! [​IMG]

6. sparkles2307

Gross. I knew a guy that was hunting and walked thru a willow thicket and somehow picked one up. He lost his leg from that bite.

7. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    My husband and son said my attic is where we are getting them from! I have been bitten a few times and it hurts real bad! Hopefully the sticky spider traps will help..I hate chemicals! I heard vinegar sprayed in corners and baseboards help drive them away so I may try that! Thanks all!!

8. sparkles2307

Im not big on driving them away. When its THAT breed of spider I want it DEAD not just out in the yard somewhere...

9. THough1956

THough1956 Chillin' With My Peeps

Move!!!! [​IMG]

10. sparkles2307

I still say light them on fire....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by