What kills ducks but not chickens?

zazoo2

Hatching
Oct 15, 2022
Whatever this was has squeezed through small holes dug underneath the pen. I had a Muscovy in with a full grown turkey so I thought she was safe. This predator dug into one of my chicken coops. Never touched and chickens. Turkey had neck feathers missing but otherwise safe. Predator tried to pull duck through small hole it used for entry. None of the 12 ducks killed were eaten. Only marks were punctures on necks.

If it’s gone for the necks, it’ll be a rat or a stoat. We had chickens once (no ducks) and the rats ended up killing them all. They were just in a small coop and didn’t roost very high off the floor. My neighbor had ducks which rats ended up killing off as they couldn’t fly

Sounds like a Fox to me, not sure what country your in but they are usually kill For fun without eating the prey!

I would definitely say some type of weasel. Weasels are very sly they can fit through tiny entrances and they usually go for the neck. I’ve seen many instances where somebody’s flock got attacked by some kind of weasel, and the weasel just killed a whole bunch of birds and left them.

Back
Top Bottom