What kind are these girls?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickenranchwife, Jun 2, 2007.

1. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

I have had these girls since last fall. Not quite sure what they are, but think they are Wydonettes (sp) What do you all think?

2. mlheran

mlheran Chillin' With My Peeps

Yup, they look like silver-laced Wyandottes to me -and lovely ones, at that! [​IMG]

3. chickenranchwife

Thanks mlheran, the gal I bought them from didn't know what kind they were. I have 4 SLW, 26 BR's, 8 RIR, 12 Production Red chicks, 12 Black sex links, 7 Leghorns, 26 Buff Orpington's, 2 Black Astraulops, 2 Araucauna's.
    In March I bought the BR's, Araucauna's, BO's, In April I bought the BA's, and just yesterday I had to buy the BSL's and PR's.

4. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    One on right is Wyandotte-rose comb, the one on the left could be a rock-single comb.

5. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    I'm going to be getting a Wyandotte. I just read last night on one of the hatchery websites that wyndotes DO produce single comb offspring.
    Of coarse they arnt used for breeding by the hatcheries.
    But i'm not an expert so I cant say which it is.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

It's possible to get a single comb, its because the chick's parents each had that recessive gene for it.

7. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Both look like Silver Laced Wyandottes to me. [​IMG]

8. chickenranchwife

Thanks everyone for your replies. I really appreciate it a lot. You are all wonderful and full of information. Have a great week.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by