What kind is this please?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Crippledturkey, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Crippledturkey

Crippledturkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Poplar Bluff, Mo
    [​IMG]

This rooster washed in when it flooded down here this easter and he decided to hang around. Was wondering what kind of rooster he is. He stays outside the run with a couple of other brats bought just for him lol. Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I don't see your picture.

3. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    Quote:x2

4. Crippledturkey

Aug 26, 2011
    Poplar Bluff, Mo
    Sorry about had to go reread how to get on here. Thanks again for looking though. lol BTW He is about half the size of a RIR Roo.

5. ChickensAreSweet

Hmm I am totally guessing here but almost reminds me of "Jasper" the BYC sexlink rooster but definitely not the same:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=557329&p=1

Also, are his legs white (not yellow)? They look white in the picture to me. He could be a beautiful Orpington cross - buff and white??

Check this thread out!! Scroll down to where the person shows pics of the Buff Orpington crossed with a White Leghorn!!!!
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=572999

6. Crippledturkey

Aug 26, 2011
    Poplar Bluff, Mo
    His legs are whitish yellow, his legs are real scaly like he has chicken Psoriasis on them, but his feet are yellow, no mites though. Only his neck and saddle feathers are not white, which is more of a tannish color than buff, I guess. He has a real shrill crow, if that helps, he was healthy when he showed up, checked for mites, and could not find where he came from, and no one came looking, he would be in the coup but the turkeys do not like him too much.

7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    He's a mutt.

I see a modified, tall pea comb as well as yellow legs and dropped wing carriage, so I'd say he's some sort of mutt.

8. Crippledturkey

Aug 26, 2011
    Poplar Bluff, Mo
    Thank you, that is what I kinda figured, he is nice looking bird with a decent temperment, so it's all good mutt or not.

9. ChickensAreSweet

Quote:Could have scaly leg mites if you think it looks like psoriasis. Dip his legs and feet in mineral oil or rub vaseline on them for two weeks (smothers them). The life cycle of the leg mites is such that you have to go that long. I'd do it at least every other day or so myself.

I have done this with success. The legs will improve in looks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by