What kind is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NosiphoChooks, Jan 4, 2013.

1. NosiphoChooks

NosiphoChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2012
    Was sold her as a millefleur pekin bantam. Is that right? She has filled out a lot more now this photo is about 4 weeks old.

Meet Beyonce

[​IMG]

2. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    picture kind of blurr are you sure she is not a rooster?, I see longer feathers on tail

3. NosiphoChooks

Nov 2, 2012
    Pretty sure she isn't a rooster, she had just had a bath and was half-dried so that might be why the feathers look like that. She actually has had lots more feathers come in and her tail is very rounded and poofy. the photo is rubbish your right, maybe I will get some more at the weekend. Its always dark when I get home from work :(

4. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

From that darker coloration, I'd say it has to be a cockerel... if you check the color difference, you'll see that Mille Fleur pullets develop with a lighter orange coloration, and the males get closer to a mahogany. If it's any comfort, I think you have the breed correct [​IMG]

5. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    for the size I think its a hen due to lack of comb and wattles how old is she and yes she looks like a pekin

6. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    a clearer pic would help...she does look like a cochin (i only call them cochins)

1) she is either a very dark colored pullet 2) or she is a cockerel

her is a hen
    [​IMG]
    pullets
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

here is a cockerel
    [​IMG]

7. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Good to know that they're the same bird... no wonder I could never figure out what exactly a pekin was [​IMG]

8. NosiphoChooks

Nov 2, 2012
    NEW PHOTOS -

I am quite sure that she is a hen, she is very dark coloured though. Here are a few more photos of her and her sister. Excuse the muddy legs they love scratching about in the dirt!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. NosiphoChooks

Nov 2, 2012
    Can anyone confirm her breed, colour and if she is definately a hen? BUMP!

10. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    she is deff. a bantam pekin. now I would call her the millefleur color but she isn't the best as she doesn't have enough white and black on her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by