What Kind of Ameraucanas?/ Red Sex-link?/are these both Astralorps

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Cuttlefishherder, May 24, 2010.

1. Cuttlefishherder

Cuttlefishherder Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Tucson AZ
    A month and a half ago we bought 2 Ameraucana chicks, they had such a huge assortment of different shades that we didn't want to buy the standard Chipmunk pattern we have three normal looking Ameraucanas. Instead we wanted to experiment with what they would turn out to look like, so we bought a really light one that was cream with just barely there black stripes on her back, and a really dark one, that was so dark he was almost completely black except for some reddishness on the eyebrows and under the heat lamp you could see the stripes were slightly there. A few days later the pale one(Ewok) was sprouting little chocolate milk colored feathers with brown barring. The dark one(Jumper) threw us for a loop when she started sprouting white feathers on her chest and black feathers on her rump.

Now they are about a month, maybe 2 months old, we dont keep up with their ages like we should lol

Here is Ewok(the pale one) unusual coloring?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heres Jumper(the dark one) is this unusual or hard to find coloring?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We also just got 2 Black Astalorps from a friend who was miss informed about all of his pullets and we want to make sure that these guys are the same thing, when we pick them up their bodies feel different, they are both 2 and a half months old

[​IMG]

And is this a red sex link or some thing else as well?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for any help!!

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    1. EE pullet
    2. EE Pullet
    3. Pair of BA
    4. RSL hen
    Hope this helps U

3. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    The first one, I agree is an EE pullet,
    the second one is EE, but I am not going to call the gender.
    The third picture is a cockerel on the left and a pullet on the right.
    The last one is an RSL pullet.

BTW, the black and white is a pretty common EE color. I hope this doesn't disappoint you. But, every EE is unique since they are all crossbreeds anyway.

One more thing, do you know how you catch a unique chicken?

You-nique up on it![​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  4. Cuttlefishherder

Cuttlefishherder Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Tucson AZ
    Quote:Lol We were having trouble finding EE's like her and were curious about the colors since before her we had never seen a black and white EE, but we just love them all any way<3

5. HarryBun12

HarryBun12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2009
    They sure are pretty birds. I have one cream colored EE that is 8 weeks old and I refuse to post a picture in case someone tells me it's a roo. I have two RSL hens and they couldn't be friendlier. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours.

6. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Pretty birds, but the first two girls aren't Ameraucanas, they are Easter Eggers (mutts with a blue egg laying ancestor). Neither are really extremely unusual; the barring is usual on the first and the silver (black/white) coloring is fairly common in EEs.

The aussie on the left is a roo, the other is a pullet.

The last one is a pullet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by