what kind of animal person are you?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KristyHall, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    I always hear about "dog people' and "cat people". I know some people prefer one over the other but while I grew up with a large number of animals of differentiate species I find I like dogs, cats, and horses equally.

I love my chickens but they are not as high on my "list" as the other three.

Sheep and cows are on the same level as chickens and then after that are rabbits. I like rabbits ok, they're soft and quiet animals but I think my chickens have more personality.

So of the domesticated , pets, or farm animals what do you like best. Are you a chicken person? a duck person? a dog person? a bunny person?

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    If they are actually domesticated, I like people better than any animal. Those feral ones can be rough, though.

3. un-named

un-named Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    duck, chicken, cat, in that order. Maybe a very well mannered dog can get on the list!

4. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Birds!!!

5. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    rabbit. Of course my rabbit is litterbox trained and thinks he's one of the cats. [​IMG]

6. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    My whole life I have been a dog person but over the last few years has changed and now most definitely a cat person, but I do like horses a lot, just don't have any!

7. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:that sounds cute. i keep hearing neat things about rabbits but my experience with them is that they eat and poop and simply tolerate being held. maybe i'm just not good at reading "rabbit language"

8. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    My fav would have to be dogs , then my chickens. I used to be a people person but the older I get the more I like my critters. They are more well mannered than most people. The dogs place is on the floor , toilet outside, take treats nicely , & in general know how to act.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  9. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Actually, I'm a parrot person. I love my pet birds and are constantly encourage young and up-coming vets to take courses to learn how to care for them.

Sassy Ann asleep while guarding her 'nest'.

[​IMG]

10. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by