What kind of bantam is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by shelleyb1969, Feb 5, 2009.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

This is a bantam rooster, but I'm not sure of his breed. The yellow earlobes are throwing me off.

[​IMG]

2. moduckman

moduckman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2009
    Cairo, Missouri
    White leghorn. Nice bird![​IMG]

3. shelleyb1969

Thanks mo! That's what I thought, but the lobe color was confusing me. Hang with me...I've got some hens I need identified.

4. shelleyb1969

Here's some others that I'm clueless about. They're a beige-ish color. Any ideas?

Is this one a hen or a roo?
    [​IMG]

This is a hen.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  5. kobesmom81

kobesmom81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Atwater, CA
    I don't know what they are but I'm wondering if "extremely cute" could be a breed. Cuz thats what I think they are!!

6. moduckman

Jan 2, 2009
    Cairo, Missouri
    The single comb white bird looks to be white leghorn female. The rose combs seem to be crossed with the white leghorn and possibly a buff brahma, due to being feather legged.

7. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    Quote:A henny feathered roo, possibly a sebright x.

8. shelleyb1969

The white leghorns, these beige chickens, and one "mystery" hen (my sister will be inspecting her tomorrow) are the only breeds of chickens in this flock. My sis is going to try and get a pic of the "mystery" hen tomorrow, and I'll post that pic as well.

9. moduckman

Jan 2, 2009
    Cairo, Missouri
    I am inclined to agree with the Sebright part, but the other could be something with feathered legs, Cochin or brahma, maybe.

10. shelleyb1969

The lady who owns these chickens (who knows nada about chickens whatsoever) describes the mystery hen as a dominicker with feathered legs. [​IMG] So I do expect my sis to possibly find a dark brahma hen, but we'll have to wait and see. There's definitely not any sebrights at their farm now, but this is waaaaaayyyyyy out in the boonies, so who knows what could've carried off a few banties. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by