1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What kind of bantams are these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by AlpineRanch, Aug 3, 2013.

1. AlpineRanch

AlpineRanch Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2010
    Columbus, WI
    Hi,

I need help identifying these birds. I got them from an amish man in southern WI. When I had someone come here to buy call ducks he looks at them and says "Oh, you have Amish bantams". LOL! Well, no such breed as that. However, last month I went to an amish auction in northern WI and they had these exact same bantams running around. They are daily prolific layers and the eggs are cream in color. Also they are very comical outgoing little birds. The cock acts very "cocky" but is not mean. They almost look like Old English game bantams but notice the comb on the rooster. Please let me know what you think they are.

Thanks!

Karen[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Your rooster is unique and so are the hens.

The rooster kinda looks like a Wheaten Old English Game but not quite, it's like he's also part Leghorn Bantam.[​IMG]

The hens also look a little like OEGBs but are just fun mixes of a couple breeds.

3. AlpineRanch

AlpineRanch Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2010
    Columbus, WI
    Thank you for the info! They are very broody too. My kids want to show them in 4H so I wanted to know what they were. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by