What kind of bantams did I buy?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dbm83, Sep 27, 2012.

1. dbm83

dbm83 New Egg

Sep 27, 2012
    Hello all,

So I'm very new to the world of chickens but my best friend has been raising chickens on his property for the last 4 years. Since I live in a more suburban area and he's got lots of extra room for more birds he told me to get any kind of laying hens I wanted and he'd raise them with his flock. Well I went to the local auction yesterday and bid on a lot of bantam's and won. There was a girl working there who told me that this lot would be excellent layers soon (I don't know any better so I listened). I also won three very nice looking call ducks. My buddy and I can't figure out what kind of bantams these are. Could anyone help with an ID?? Thanks and I look forward to your help.

[​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] It's very difficult to tell breed or even gender from that picture, but several of the chicks appear to be cockerels.

3. AlicesSilkies

AlicesSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aww they all look so cute together, agreed i believe possibly 2 are roosters, sorry... Also if you could take a picture of just one close up so we can see it standing and get a good veiw of their feathers, thanks...
    Oh and just a warning you will love chickens and end up getting more and more and more!!
    Enjoy!!
    [​IMG]

4. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    only 2 look like they might be pullets but you need better pics for us to see

5. dbm83

dbm83 New Egg

Sep 27, 2012
    I'll have to have him send me some more pics, thats the only one I took. I also got a chick. His wife loves raising them. Not sure what it is either. The auction market had a very random selection when I was there. Any recomendations for online sellers?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    From the color it looks like their Silver Laced Wyandottes. Looks like there is 4 to 5 young roos in there.

7. dbm83

dbm83 New Egg

Sep 27, 2012
    Are they bantam Silver Laced Wyandottes? Are those good egg layers?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by