What kind of bantams did I buy?

dbm83

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 27, 2012
Hello all,

So I'm very new to the world of chickens but my best friend has been raising chickens on his property for the last 4 years. Since I live in a more suburban area and he's got lots of extra room for more birds he told me to get any kind of laying hens I wanted and he'd raise them with his flock. Well I went to the local auction yesterday and bid on a lot of bantam's and won. There was a girl working there who told me that this lot would be excellent layers soon (I don't know any better so I listened). I also won three very nice looking call ducks. My buddy and I can't figure out what kind of bantams these are. Could anyone help with an ID?? Thanks and I look forward to your help.

welcome-byc.gif
It's very difficult to tell breed or even gender from that picture, but several of the chicks appear to be cockerels.

welcome-byc.gif
It's very difficult to tell breed or even gender from that picture, but several of the chicks appear to be cockerels.
Aww they all look so cute together, agreed i believe possibly 2 are roosters, sorry... Also if you could take a picture of just one close up so we can see it standing and get a good veiw of their feathers, thanks...
Oh and just a warning you will love chickens and end up getting more and more and more!!
Enjoy!!
big_smile.png

I'll have to have him send me some more pics, thats the only one I took. I also got a chick. His wife loves raising them. Not sure what it is either. The auction market had a very random selection when I was there. Any recomendations for online sellers?

Are they bantam Silver Laced Wyandottes? Are those good egg layers?

Back
Top Bottom