What kind of bantams is this? Mille Fleur? White with black tails...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by arianna, Dec 22, 2010.

1. arianna

arianna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    North Carolina
    I bought this two hens when they where only 3 months old, and I can not find any photo with other Mille Fleur that look the same. They are leg feathers, white with black tails, some black on the wings and a little bit around the neck. The brown on the back of one of them and on the side of the other one is actually paint. They are very curious chickens and where getting to close from me while I was painting the fence. They have almost identical pattern.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Mille Fluer is a color, not a breed, dUccles are the breed you are thinking about though but I dont think they are pure, I'm not sure if there are Columbian dUccles but Ideal may have them but I dont remember. So if they arent hatchery Columbian dUccles then they would be a cross of a Silver breed roo on Mille Fleur dUccled hens. That cross would give that color and the the beards and feathered leggs usually show up in the crosses like that.

3. MissD'uccle

MissD'uccle Cluck of My Life

Dec 16, 2009
    Elba Twp, MI
    I am not sure, I was thinking Columbian too though. They are very cute and have very pretty coloring though [​IMG]

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    How cute! She does look like a mixed color d'uccle. I really like your pens- they look like such happy chickens [​IMG]

5. arianna

arianna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    North Carolina
    Quote:Thank you. If they are happy, I am happy [​IMG]

6. Alycia

Alycia Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2008
    I just want to say what a beautiful, eclectic little flock [​IMG] Soooo prettyyyy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by