What kind of chick am I ??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TXCountryGal, May 13, 2010.

1. TXCountryGal

TXCountryGal In the Brooder

May 12, 2010
    A friend could not keep her so we took her in but we do not know what kind of chicken she is....If you have any idea please let me know! Thanks

[​IMG]

2. CheerfulHeart2

CheerfulHeart2 Creative Problem Solver

Apr 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    No idea, but she has some interesting coloring.

3. TXCountryGal

May 12, 2010
    Here is another of her that is a little better. She is a very pretty, very sweet yet very very small chicken.

[​IMG]

4. FiveHens

FiveHens Songster

Apr 7, 2010
  5. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Songster

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    My first guess would be a speckled sussex, very pretty!

6. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Need a better/ bigger picture to tell for sure but it looks like a spangled Old English Game Bantam...

Chris

7. TXCountryGal

May 12, 2010
    Thank you! By looking at the Speckled Sussex, I found that there is a Bantam in the breed and that is what she is, pics are identical! Thank you again!! I have a rooster I am going to post and see if yall can help me with him!

8. TXCountryGal

May 12, 2010
    Chris, Sorry I must have been typing a reply when your post came across! I will take some better pics tomorrow of her and post, but I looked up the Old English, that you stated and they have a very large fancy tail and I am not really seeing that, but again I really have no idea what type of chicken she is as she was given to me. Thanks for your help!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by