1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What kind of Chick are you?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NoseyChickens, Sep 18, 2009.

1. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    I got this little one at the feed store. They said all the chicks were either RIR or Light Brahams. Now I know this isn't a RIR, but I don't really think it's light brahma either. (Not that I really know all that much.) Her legs have some black skin on them and are not at all feathered. Her beak also has some black on it. She just does not look like any picture of a Light Brahma chick that I have ever seen. So I am wondering what you guys think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Odd stance. Is that a head spot (white dot on top of its head)? If so, its a barred something. If it wasn't for the awkward stance, I would suggest barred rock.

3. NoseyChickens

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    I had my hand hovering right above it when I snapped the pick. I was afraid she would go running off the table! LOL. Yes, she has a cream colored spot right on top of her head.

4. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    Barred Rock girl

5. NoseyChickens

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Well how exciting! I got three different kinds then.

6. babyriver

babyriver Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    N E Florida
    Quote:I would have to say Barred rock girl too

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by