What kind of chick do I have.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by theparishfamily, Mar 4, 2013.

1. theparishfamily

theparishfamily Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2013
    villa rica, ga

I received a sweet little chick but I'm not sure what kind she is. She was mixed with my barred Rock chicks and looked similar at 1st glance but upon looking closer her difference are rather pronounced. She is dark too but doesn't have the white mark on the back of her head. Her chest is light yellow and her beak is black. Since I wanted only barred rocks I allowed my daughter to claim this Lil odd ball. I just would like to know what she is.

2. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    Hard to say without a photo but Australorps are super common so that would be my guess. The lack of a dot says the chick won't be barred or cuckoo patterned. Oh, if you see any reddish tones, I'd change my guess to black sex link.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  3. mo puff

mo puff Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2011
    she sounds interesting. I can t wait to find out what color her eggs are, how old is she now? can you post a picture?

4. theparishfamily

Mar 1, 2013
    villa rica, ga
    My profile pic is her. And I just added picks to my albumas well.

5. RedChickBarn

RedChickBarn Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2013
    Temple Terrace, Florida
    She's cute! We just got some chicks today and are eager to find out what they are as the sales people at the feed store weren't very helpful in that department. Yours looks similar to one of ours that I posted a pic of. Good luck finding out what she is!

6. theparishfamily

Mar 1, 2013
    villa rica, ga
    we've decided either she's a Australorp or cuckoo maran

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by