1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What kind of chick is this

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rlc27, Apr 15, 2016.

1. rlc27

rlc27 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2016
    Hello all - just got some chicks but not sure about this one. Does anyone know the breed? Thanks![​IMG]

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]
    That is a Silver Laced Wynndotte. If it is a rooster it will grow up to look like this
    [​IMG]
    If it is a hen this:
    [​IMG]

3. rlc27

rlc27 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2016
    Thank you! What is your experience with this rooster's temperament? I have 4 pullets, and I'll find out the sex of my bantam and wynndotte later :/ I'm hoping for all ladies but I think I can survive if only one turns out to be a boy

4. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Honestly one of my SLW roosters was an absolute monster but the other one was an angel. SLW roosters tend to be mild mannered and not aggressive, I guess I got one of the very few who were.

5. rlc27

rlc27 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2016
    I am almost certain my bantam is a pullet and the slw is a roo. I have no experience with roosters but I saw the pattern and fell in love, now here I am. Sigh, guess I need to start my research so I'm not blindsided

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by