What kind of chick is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by blue_egg_lover, Apr 2, 2011.

1. blue_egg_lover

blue_egg_lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2011
    Can anyone please help me on what kind of chick this is? I know its a standard sized chick but it looks like nothing that I ordered. I'm having trouble figuring it out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    Clombian Wyandotte

3. blue_egg_lover

Feb 9, 2011
    Really? Well that makes sense because I ordered assorted Wyandotte and they told me they sent me a silver laced, golden laced and a buff. Though I ordered several other breeds along with this, this gal was a mystery to me.

4. Chicks&Chihuahuas

Chicks&Chihuahuas Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    My guess was going to be silver laced wyandotte...

5. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Wyandotte, as it has the rose comb. Huge flat area where the comb is.. may be male due to the size and seems to be thickening already at such a young age?

6. blue_egg_lover

Feb 9, 2011
    That flat area looks different than the others so I was curious to what exactly what kind of chick it was. I can tell the golden laced and what I believe the silver laced wyandotte is. I thought a first the hatchery made a mistake and threw in a different chick than what I ordered. Its supposed to be a female too, hmmm..she will be 2 weeks old on Tuesday. I'm new to chickens so I'm still learning.

7. lovinlife

lovinlife Chillin' With My Peeps

Definitely not a silver laced. I don't know what it could be, though. Sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by