1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What Kind of Chick is This?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Tsumo, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Tsumo

Tsumo Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2012
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I ordered some eggs from mcmurray hatchery. I bought the rarest of the rare assortment. And only 4 chicks hatched. I can guess what the other 3 are but this little and I do mean LITTLE chick has me stumped. I've gone through the list they have that says what you could get and none of them chick wise look like this little guy/gal. It's half the size of the other chicks it hatched with. It hatched from a creaming very light brown egg. No feathers on it feet what so ever. Anyone have a guess what it might be and it's gender?
    https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/rarest_chicken_eggs.html
    will post a picture once I get the option.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  2. lightchick

lightchick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    The only thing I can think of is Serama because you mentioned him being little. He is really too young to know for sure though.

3. Tsumo

Tsumo Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Could the hatchery have grabbed a wrong egg? Serma was not part of the list but at this point I've gone through the entire list and it doesn't look any chicks that are one the list. For all I know it could be some mini buff orpington lol.

4. lightchick

lightchick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    Honestly I don't know. [​IMG] Could be...? I'd wait a little longer and see how he feathers out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by