What kind of chick??? *PIC*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Ruditchka, May 9, 2009.

1. Ruditchka

Ruditchka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    This chick came out of a medium size, medium brown egg(no speckles). It is a silvery grey, has 4 toes, and hairy legs(a bit of brownish on sides of body... see pic). Any ideas, I don't know any of the breeds I'm hatching really and unfortunately had one little yellow guy die last night because I was too tired to get up [​IMG] and check on him and he was healthy but got caught in my bator in a bad spot near the light bulb which I should have wired/fenced off. I feel like crap about it because it WAS my fault this yellow guy is dead. It sucks! [​IMG] I have 6 out of 13 hatched well right now and drying/resting and 6 more to go. Today is day 21, so only 2 were a bit early.... I hope my lone small "white egg" that is left [​IMG] pops out another yellow one for his buddy. My negligence killed this poor chick and its eating at me inside [​IMG] . Anyway, anyone want to guess at this grey chicks breed? I'll get better pics when I remove him from bator. Thanks!

2. Ruditchka

Mar 28, 2009
    Sorry, here's the pic of the grey guy!
    [​IMG]

3. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    I have no idea about the grey chick, but I feel horrible about your yellow chick!! It really wasn't your fault! [​IMG]

4. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    maybe a cochin? or brahma? I dunno, but he's cute, we just had two blue cochins hatch. he looks kinda like them

5. Ruditchka

Mar 28, 2009
    Quote:Thanks, but I thought there may be a problem with this area in my bator yesterday and didn't take the time to block it off, so it really was my fault unfortunately.... Thanks anyway though for your kind words.

Quote:Thanks, I'll get better pic later w/out the flash.... The picture doesn't give much to go on and brownish areas seem much more than in real life. They are hardly noticeable at first glance, but this chick is so fluffy now and so are its legs(seems like mostly outer leg area)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by