What Kind Of Chick Starter Should I Use?

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by paul88, Jun 21, 2010.

1. paul88

paul88 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2010
    I'm incubating some golden pheasant eggs and they're due to hatch next week. For ringnecks I've always used medicated gamebird starter. This is my first experience with goldens and I thought I read somewhere that turkey feed should be used instead. Can someone out there help me? Thanks!

2. DMFarm

DMFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Winona Tx
    Medicated gamebird starter is fine

3. paul88

paul88 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2010
    Thanks! Thats what I thought but I wanted to make sure.

4. 3forfree

3forfree Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan
    I hatched out 5 commons 4 weeks ago, and have given them nothing but turkey starter, they are doing fine except for the runt being trampled and another learning to fly at 2 weeks and leaving the brooder and landing in the sump hole and drowning. Now I have 3 and have started giving them the same pellets that I give to the adults. I give the pellets a spin in the blender to break them up alittle. I've made a small cage for them as they outgrew the brooder(washing machine box). These three are going to a friend, I have 2 dozen going into the bator tomorrow. I hope these pics work it's been awhile since I've posted any.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by