what kind of chick?

Cloverleaf Farm

Bearded Birds are Best
11 Years
Sep 16, 2008
Levan, UT
So, I bought my chicks at my local feed store, and was sold a chick as a "BLRW"...and at only a day or two old, I couldn't tell, as I 've never had Wyandottes before now. Well, now that she is 2 1/2 weeks old, it is evident that she is not a BLRW...I think she is a banty of some kind??? She is impossible tiny, especially when compared to one of my EE's that actually younger than she is!

Any ideas would be most appreciated and helpfull - we'll keep her no matter what, but I would like to have an idea about what she might be...sorry the picture quality is poor, I had to take them with my phone...

Meet Lily...

15879_lily3.jpg

15879_lily2.jpg

15879_lily1.jpg

Hi There,
Based on my very limited experience, her face looks just like my Blue Wyandotte's did at that age. I'm sure someone else here will have more ideas. Whatever she is....she's cute! Enjoy.

She doesn't really have one...I did search for blue wyandottes, and she does look an awful lot like that...I just wish she wasn't advertised as a BLRW!!!
sad.png

THANK YOU for your input!!!
wink.png

If she doesn't really have a comb, it is possible she's a wyandotte. As chicks, their combs are basically non-existent. They are rose-combed birds.

Back
Top Bottom