what kind of chicken is this chicken

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sealteam1234, Nov 28, 2013.

1. sealteam1234

sealteam1234 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

He pretty rooster and makes a lot of crows in the morning. Its awesome.

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    He looks like a she color wise, could you get a better picture?

3. sealteam1234

Nov 27, 2013
    Ill try today, no he crows load. I mean load. My neighbors like it ,for real. But I'll get a close up and better pic, I want to get some females and planning a bigger coop. drawing some plans today

4. ramirezframing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Some hens will crow, just like some hens grow spurs. Do you have any other chickens?

5. sealteam1234

Nov 27, 2013
    No, I don't have any other chickens. this on has not layed any eggs in a week now. So it be a rooster right

6. ramirezframing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    If you have only had this one a week, no. When a hen is moved to a new place it can throw off the egg laying for awhile. And being alone will stress the bird. Chickens are social animals and will become depressed when alone. This can stop egg laying as well. If its fall/ winter where you are, the shorter day light will slow down if not stop egg laying till spring when the day light hours are longer. Some other factors that can stop or slow egg production are mites/ lice and worms, and the age of the bird itself.

7. sealteam1234

Nov 27, 2013
    okay, thank you. Did not know any of that. Learning so much so quick. This is going to be a neat hobby. Thank you again
    SEAL

8. ramirezframing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    I recommend finding some other hens for friends.

9. Shabana

Shabana Chillin' With My Peeps

Heya :)

Great that you ars getting him/ her some flock mates. They are very social and need friends ideally. To me she looks hybridish and would love to see a better photo showing legs and feet and one of her face if you can.
    Most of my hens are not laying now due to the short days, and as ramirez said stress of the move and being alone will factor in too.

10. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    To make a more accurate guess, a clear photo is needed. "Its" coloring is henlike, though. I'm not sure on the breed, but it could be a Silver Phoenix, Silver Duckwing Old English Game, Silver Leghorn, or Silver Gray Dorking mix.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by